The MIID REKA Awards 2023 for Design Excellence shall be conferred to Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID) and Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) registered Members practicing Interior Design for works completed between the years 2020 to 31st July 2023 that best exemplify the pursuit of excellence in Interior Design.
Excellence in Interior Design refers to excellence in its design and the consistent translation of its intentions into reality, the concurrent high quality of construction and its beneficial impact on the social, physical and the cultural environment of the country.
Awards shall also be conferred to students whose works reflect good design, problem-solving capabilities and soundness in construction.
2023 Award Categories - Design Excellence
Awards are conferred for the following categories:
1. Public & Institutional (Public Spaces, Healthcare, Auditoriums, Terminals, etc.)
2. Food & Beverage (Restaurants & Bars)
3. Corporate Offices
4. Hospitality (Hotel, Clubhouse, Spa, etc.)
5. Retail, Exhibition & Entertainment (Retail, Gallery, Museum, Club, fitness centre, Karaoke, Cinema, Gaming, Spa, etc.)
i) Small & Medium
6. Residential (Houses, Apartments & Condominiums)
7. Show Units
8. Green Interior & Adaptive Reuse
· Student’s Work
· Emerging Designer Award
· Best Interior Design of the Year (Winner will be selected from entries from categories 01-08 )
· Aoyama Design Forum (ADF) Special Award
Judging Criteria - Design Excellence - Professional Categories 1-8
Judging Criteria - Design Excellence - Student Category
The entry fees paid are non-refundable. Please ensure that your entry/entries meet(s) the requirements to participate in the MIID REKA Awards before submitting payment. No payments will be refunded in the event your entry is disqualified or withdrawn for any reason after submission and payment has been made. Please contact the MIID Secretariat for more information regarding payments.
The Judges for the Awards comprising design luminaries shall be nominated and approved by the MIID Council. All decisions made by the Judges are final and binding on all entries.